Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Talent pooling and fund pulling

To start off I was looking at my "lessons learnt 2012" and I realised how lame and spammish this made my blog look. My real intentions of this blog (apart from bitching) was to post inspired content for my self viewing.

HENCE 2012's lessons learnt project shall be shifted to

For those who actually have read any of my lessons learnt, I realise that maybe alot of it doesnt make sense.. or perhaps they are very DUH.

But the point of this exercise is to spot all the idiosyncrasies that I have actually observed and each lesson has a story behind it. Call it a dairy if you will, just that I am unable to release the stories (yet) cuz they are too current to the times and often too sensitive and sarcastic hahahaha....

Well while i'm at it I might as well post about this wonderful site that I just discovered today
It's freaking GENIUS!
You basically come up with an idea, post it to the world and pray that they love it as much as you do. And if it works out! success! A free work of art/life that can be shared with the world.

As an Artist we always fall into the age of problem of

MONEY not equals to ART (passion)
Vice Versa.
Fair enough that if you had a large amount of money to begin with and are well connected enough to find those special patrons to support you and your starving family. But I believe that at some point, many of us will cross that very ridiculously thin line of stability versus love.

Other than artists, and I speak very broadly in that sense (includes dancers actors etc), perhaps our next closet mutually empathetic friends will be proffesional athletes. But that's beside the point.

I'm really happy and proud to see websites like Kickstarter. It makes me feel like there is love in the community. Crudely put, its a system that brings in lay people into supporting other lay people (with brilliant ideas) a chance to materialise their dreams! And such is the power of the internet!

Feel the love people

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews