Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

3D Paintings and art

Every now and then you stumble across a genius who takes what he(she) knows and brings it to another level.

"Goldfish Salvation" Riusuke Fukahori 深堀隆介



Watching this video, I am reminded on how we as artists are constantly being under appreciated. The level of hard work that we put into our products are honed and trained through years of perseverance.

A good friend of mine once commented that my work was easy money and I got extremely offended. He failed to read the mood of course and stuck to his point that my work was easy and that my money came easily. I cut the conversation and never went back on it since.

Good friend or not I have come to realise that the term "enlightened one" given to the artists of the past still stand today.

Artistry in life is the ability to appreciate. Be it your surroundings or your ideas, and making a statement out of it.

We cannot expect everyone to understand us. But as much as we appreciate our surroundings, we should appreciate comments and admiration with humility as well. It is through that can we grow in skill and spirit.

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews