Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A little celebration a little sorrow a perspective renewed

As the Chinese saying goes.
Yi Chang Huan Xi Yi Chang kong.

Normally used to describe a situation whereby you get happy over something followed by an immediate disappointment.

I was somewhat annoyed by the secretive nature, of Chris' description over our new year gathering, and was hoping that it was not for the worse. I finally got some heads up before leaving the house and thank god nothing was wrong. So I finally arrived and saw the surprise! Gabriel Zeng had come back to Singapore and is back for good!nothing less! Our truly first proper reunion in many many years!



Yet prior to that I received some distressing sms's while driving and I can only hope that there is a peaceful solution to it.

My resolution for CNY has been to become the "Nice Guy!" (Jared's thumbs up pose) that I used to be and of course gain back my happiness in more ways than one. The first step is to remove profanities from my vocabulary and find inner peace. Put to the test, it is really easy to simply cut out cussing and swearing verbally, but it takes a lot of meditation to remove it from your mind as well.

Non the less I think it is a good step to self improvement. What's done is done and in the words of a Singaporean, "Sorry no cure" all we can really do is to change ourselves and make things better a step at a time.

My buddy once told me

"I don't believe people can change. I've seen enough shit to believe that."

my reply was

"I believe that it's those who believe that people can change who are truly capable of change and are able to make the effort to do so."

Well if there's no room for improvement than we as humans have truly hit rock bottom haven't we? Nope. So I guess we all can change. :)
JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews