Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

Concept Artists


There has been a whole bunch of funny images circulating around Facebook lately and most of them consist of a series of photos going

Who the world thinks I am> Who my family thinks> What I think..> What I really do.

Artists is a very generalist term. I consider myself a media artist, doing 3d sketches and video work but the truly under rated folks are the concept artists.

Fair enough for those who enter the big boys league they earn buckets of money but most people just see it as another pretty picture.

It isn't really that hard to justify the works of a concept artist is it? In the past, an artist is "an enlightened one" who is able to see beyond what regular humans can. And to a large extent I think that is exactly what a concept artist is! They take a simple sentence like "Neo walks into a room" (Ref Matrix) and they let their mind go wild with micro worlds bursting from their brains. So what do I consider them? Genius dreamers. here's some of those who have blown my mind away.

**Note all these images are snipped off the web. I'm not trying to plagiarize! If you wanna see more of their work, visit their website in the links!

The GREAT Craig Mullins!


















And of course there are tons of other brilliant fellers out there worthy of praise including Kekai, Daniel Dociu and Feng mentioned in my previous entries.

I always feel the love when I see these great artists put up their sketches and demos for the world to watch, learn and simply be inspired.

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews