Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Business and life inspirations

Having been down in the dumps for the past month, my buddy reached out to me and dragged me across the country borders to have a crazy good meal at the stroke of midnight... Quite nice but quite WTF at the same time haha.

So over the weekend I was 'convinced' to attend a motivational speakers talk. Of course I knew it was from a network marketing group so they would sell their products and of course I knew it was 3 hours long. But I wasn't prepared for was to spend 1.5~2 of those hours watching them give awards to themselves.... Not to mention he didn't call anyone else so I was alone cuz he was sitting at the front row. Thank God for another buddy who was part of the organization and he kept me company (and ran out for a quick meal mid way and back).

Well I wont say all is lost. There were several points that they covered.
Conscious thoughts. Sub conscious. Positive and negative influences. Emotional driven motivation and the likes.

But perhaps the most useful piece of advices that I got was.
  1. Listen to your CD's
  2. Spend a minimum of 15 mins a day on reading a good book
  3. Find a mentor to teach you and inspire you (which can be the books)
These CD's are their training manuals. And my do they thrive on these bits of verbally drilling knowledge into their brains.

That we cannot do.

But what we can do is to commit ourselves to reading a good and proper book for just FIFTEEN minutes a day.

And my budd passed me one of his books, and now I wanna buy one haha..

The Go-Giver



Perhaps it is quite a DUH statement to say. "Hey! read a good motivational book and be inspired" But honestly the first steps to commitment in anything is consistency.

If you believe that knowledge is power, then constant reading is truly the best way to improve your life. Just that bus or train ride to and fro from work will do. Sacrifice that little bit of that half arsed bus sleep and you can open yourself to so much more.

I really recommend the Go-Giver to someone interested in a short and light read. Apart from its 5 Laws, perhaps the biggest take away is that if you want to be successful in business, it is not your business strategy that needs to be changed; it is your life itself that needs to change. All it takes is just a little shift in perspective.

Here's a little segment from the book.

"The world certainly was designed with a sense of humour, wasn’t i? Inside every truth and every appearance, there’s a bit of opposite tucked inside."
"Just to keep things interesting.: Joe Mused out loud


Read the book and you'll understand more. Hur hur


JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews